Suggestions for iPod car dock?

I wouldn't suggest an "in-the-front-of-the-vent" solution if you plan on using heat through those vents. Then again, it's generally accepted that heat be directed through the floor vents, not the regular vents, so it shouldn't be a problem. In the summertime, I don't see how cold A/C could damage an iPod, so a vent-mount solution could be safe and viable.

Concerning a windshield mount, I wouldn't leave my iPod in my car in full-view on a windshield mount, nor would I leave my iPod in my car even hidden, so I would venture to say a windshield-mount would suffice unless you're prone to leaving valuables in a car (which I most definitely hope you don't do).

I made my own. I took a piece of aluminum, cut it out for the iPod. I sprayed plastic coating on it, so it will not scratch. The bottom if the holderis cutout for the charger cable from Griffen. I just slid the iPod through the top. It is attached to the ash tray on my truck which is just below my radio.

I will take some picks soon and post them.

Wow that holder is AWESOME... too bad this kit is expensive and doesn't work for US cars.

Back