Support for Intellimouse Optical?

throatmonster

Registered
I'm quite used to using the 4-button + Scrollwheel Intellimouse Optical. I just got a new MacBook Pro and the drivers (that MS hasn't updated since 10.2) don't run on Intel Macs. This means I can't use the side buttons on my mouse like I'm used to.

Does anyone know of any driver software that will re-enable the side buttons of an Intellimouse Optical?

Thanks,

I owned a Microsoft Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer 2.0, this have two side button.

I looked at Microsoft for the driver for OSX, they do but it out-of-dated program, it didnt work when i installed the program. Because it was designed for 10.0 to 10.2.x. I was hoping for anyone to find this driver for the microsoft mouse

You can assign the side buttons to do such functions as Expose and Dashboard without the need to install any drivers, but not much beyond that.

You can try using software such as http://usboverdrive.com (which runs fine in Intel-based Macs) to assign more advanced features to those buttons.

I'm quite used to using the 4-button + Does anyone know of any driver software that will re-enable the side buttons of an Intellimouse Optical?
Thanks,

Actually, I've just been braindead for the last few days. Microsoft DOES make a driver for the Intellimouse Optical - version 6.0 - that works fine on my MacBook Pro. I just couldn't find it on their website until AFTER I made this post.

Thanks for the replies though!

Back