switcher@winaddict.com

Originally posted by hulkaros
Did ANYONE (including me :D ) mentioned that Windows ANY version needs a nice format now and then because after some time they lose ALL their so-called performance and start crashing every day (YES, even XP)?

When was the last time that one formatted his Mac? We use at work (and so are our customers) Macs who NEVER got formatted or even defragmented and you know what? They still work with 90% of their speed if not 100%... While our Windows machines:
DO
-Defrag
-Check&Fix disk errors
-Download the 100th patch for that hole of IE, OE, Windows, Office, etc.
-Format
-Re-install
LOOP

Well, if time is money then how much money people lose with Windows, I don't know! But I know for sure that it's got to be LOADS of it... :D

Yeah, I see it again: I MUST switch to Windows!

Now, if M$ had a www.microsoft.com/switch/ to help me switch, hmmm... :) :p :D :p ;) :)

I agree. We have to reformat every 3 months to keep our work computers (Wintel) somewhat usable in terms of speed, and in reality it seems like every month would be a better schedule for this.

I've run X on my Mac since the begining...never reformated, no disk utilities used. Works just like day one.

Good! It's not just me! I re-formatted 3 times in one year, from XP to 2000 just for speed! 2000 ruled in terms of speed! XP worked for a few months, then it was time for a format! Oh well, now that I have my PowerMac (see specs below), I've completely ditched PC's.. I do use a Dell Inspiron 4000 (700 Celeron, 256MB RAM) at work, with Windows 2000, and it's definitely usable... but it's getting replaced with a PowerBook soon (G3.. no Ti for me), to complete my transition to Macs... PC's work, yes, but Macs are just better for me!

Back