System fonts missing or corrupt or ....

tinroots

Registered
I have - and I don't know how - messed up my fonts again!
The most obvious example is via widgets; they now have outlined fonts - I assume because they can't find the correct font? (ie: attached photo)
This happened before, but there were several issues at the same time, and I did several things to try and resolve them all; and I don't know which actually solved the font problem. The only thing I can think of that I have just done that was similar to before is that I accidently double clicked a font file, and FontBook opened. I had been unknowingly been using FontBook at the time, and ruined quite a few things with that. Now, I am using Linotype FontExplorerX now, and haven't had this problem for months. (Although, I don't think they have good support for such a great program, which is a let down)
Thinking that reinstalling (archive and install) of my system is what worked last time, I did archive and install back to 10.4.2 last night; and am currently updating to 10.4.6 or 10.4.7 if anyone has goods or bads about 10.4.7?
But as I am typing this, my widgets and who knows what else, are still without their fonts. It might seem like a small thing, besides annoying, but doesn't it represent a larger problem?!? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• widget2.png
    widget2.png
    39.5 KB · Views: 5
Back