Telephony question

limike28

Registered
Now, we keep hearing rumors about the iPhone, and quitely I am not that impressed, but I do have a phone type question.

I have a cell phone and a standard land line. Now, my cell phone syncs nicely with my mac and has all my numbers on it. But my home phone can't communicate to my mac (or a pc) at all.

So, here's my question. Are there any phones that can sync, or access a phone book on my mac? This question goes for either standard land lines or a VOIP phone? Seems like it should be a simple thing.... but I haven't found one.

Is this phone a cell phone or just a cordless regular phone? I ask this because regular cordless phones do not have the electronics to speak with a computer.

Yes, this is a regular cordless phone. My original question was if anyone knew of a phone that "could" do this. It seems like it would be a no brainer for a company to build.

Well the only way you could I could think of is use the expensive PhoneValet.

Now if you live in North america I just saw the very interesting Vontage V-phone. I am not sure if it is Mac compatible, but it does look interesting.

Back