The happy face start up screen is gone in the "GM"

I think the happy face is ugly and out-dated. It may be cute on a machine 10 yrs ago , but I want to see something more modern.

Im all for the new apple screen.

And I care much more about the OS, not the boot screen :)

[not that anyone cares what I care about]

gibbs wrong screen :D the one your thinking of is built in to the firmware and is not likely to be changed for a while :rolleyes: :eek:

The happy mac hasn't been in the firmware since the days of the 5500 series. It was moved into the "Mac OS ROM" file living inside the OS 9 system folder a long while back. And now it's been changed. The end.

And no offense, but what's the big deal anyway? I mean how often do you reboot your Mac these days? I only reboot when an update requires it. I guess I've seen the boot screen all of a couple dozen times in the last 16 or so months. Anyway, I kinda like the new Apple Logo boot screen.

6C115 here

How about a customized logo? Like say a cyber cafe uses its own company logo...

Makes no sense at all, unless you want your consumers to _start up_ the machine they'd like to use. _Would_ make sense if Apple licensed the Mac OS to other computer vendors, which they don't.

well, just an idea... :::::::::::::::::CRYING:::::::::::::::::::

but those _PeeCee_ can _easily_ change _their_ BIOS boot screen. _:p_

I think all the hardcore Mac users like me, who love elegance, but still love to be on the cutting edge were hoping for a Smiley update.... I know I was..... true, we don't boot often... but when we do, we just love our smileys.... it's part of the Mac personality.

Oh well... I'll probably still upgrade anyway.

Back