The iPhone

jwolf6589

Registered
My carrier Sprint know has the iPhone and I am eligible for a upgrade in March. I am currently using a BlackBerry Curve 3G with OS 6. I may consider moving to the iPhone but have questions.

1) Can Facetime be used over standard cellular or does it always require WIFI?
2) Can the iPhone be synced with iTunes so I can get Podcasts and such?
3) Can I play all my movies, TV shows and such that will not sync with my BB due to itunes copyrights?
4) Is there a memo pad app and if so with what app can it sync with? Entourage?
5) How is the voice notes recorder? Is it similar to that in the iPad nano?
6) What are the issues with the iPhone over the Blackberry? Please compare iPhone to a MODERN BB and not some ancient beast running OS 4.x.

John

1) needs WiFi
2) yes
3) yes
4) syncs with Mail.app
5) well, you record your voice, can play/scrub/delete and syncs to iTunes
6) I have no idea how a modern BlackBerry fares, but synching calendars, contacts and backing up via iCloud is great. The greatest thing imho about the iPhone is how it _doesn't_ lag. Its interface is simply there at your touch. You don't feel like touching the iPhone and _then_ something happens, you feel like touching the function directly. Very little delay.

1) needs WiFi
2) yes
3) yes
4) syncs with Mail.app
5) well, you record your voice, can play/scrub/delete and syncs to iTunes
6) I have no idea how a modern BlackBerry fares, but synching calendars, contacts and backing up via iCloud is great. The greatest thing imho about the iPhone is how it _doesn't_ lag. Its interface is simply there at your touch. You don't feel like touching the iPhone and _then_ something happens, you feel like touching the function directly. Very little delay.

Thanks..

Back