The Jaguar Bugs Thread

agusgriego

Partially Insane
I thought I could start a thread that highlited odd Jaguar Bugs...

As I am the first one to post, I came up with an interesting & funny one...

I call this Rebel Semaphore Light

Hope you enjoy it!

Attachments

• window.jpg
    window.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 615
Well....... let's try to get them all :) if each of us write down a few..we might send them all to apple :)

1) My iBook after 11-12 hours of sleep freeeze and I need to reboot (when I open the lid there's nothing else I can do)

2) Toast 5.1.2 (I think) won't mount images

3) Lightwave 7 won't work (even though i think NewTek should fix this)

4) ARD does not work (apple is working on this already)

5) Sometimes, opening windows, I see the window open for few milliseconds, then it disappears and the opening window animation starts.... i think this is mainly cause my iBook doesn't use QE (haven't seen this happening on my iMac)

It's all for now..if i get anything else..i'll let you know..

Hopefully everything will be settled with minor release and we will not have to wait till Panther

Andy

number 5 happens to me also occasionally and i am QE enabled :eek:

most of the stuff i have seen isnt jags fault, more its the program not compatible with jag yet

Jaguar bugs:

Can't get Kerberos Login Authenticator to work.

Mail.app supposedly has support for KPOP. I can get it to grant me tickets, but it won't download my mail.

Jaguar incompatibilities:

Norton Antivirus 8.0.2 fails to load at startup. Also, LiveUpdate will download new virus defs, but it apparently doesn't install them correctly. It still shows defs from January being loaded.

I can't get Eudora 5.1 and Kerberos talking to each other.

My keyboard volume keys won't make a differance. It displays the graphic, but doesn't affect the sound...
Lso, the menu-bar for sound works, but only if I press and hold the con and then drag down to preferred volume. Just clicking and then dragging the blue thingy won't work...

The DVD Player( in full screen mode) slows the video down when you drag the control menu around. This only happens in full screen mode.

----------------
400MHz TiBook w/DVD player
1MB memory

In 10.1.5 i could create a file named "ftpchroot" to prevent ftp-users to leave their home folder when they was logged in via ftp. In 10.2 i cant do it anylonger. I dont have permission to change root. Could this be a bug or have they changed the way the ftp service works. I dont know anything about UNIX, so someone els have to check this out. (Sorry for my poor english, I am from Sweden)

Hi,

After I installed 10.2 on my G4 450 AGP, it was freezing up a lot (mouse would be unresponsive). This was even after I did a clean install. I noticed that the clean install hadn't changed my login items. In there was the Microsoft Mouse startup as well as a few other things. Once I took all those out, the computer started to act normally. I think it's the drivers because I have only experienced hard crashes like that with hardware-level bugs. Spread the word.

:D

If you have Jaguar and a mac with a Rage128 graphics card (such as the earlier slot-loading iMacs) the mac will freeze/crash instantly if a screensaver comes on which involves one picture fading out while another fades in. Examples of such screensaver modules are Forest, Beach, Pictures folder. It's obviously an OpenGL bug.

The mac freezes completely and you have to do a hard reset/reboot to get out of it. Obviously a very serious bug. The exact same thing happens with the SlideShow in iPhoto if you have a Rage128 card, but that bug existed before Jaguar as well.

Changing to another screensaver module is very difficult because the mac crashes when you open the screen effects preference pane before you can click on another module. You need to actually remove the offending module temporarily to prevent the mac crashing, then select another module.

Two items:

-- Every time my Rev. B iMac restarts, the monitor geometry switches to default settings.

-- When I mount a remote volume, the /Volumes folder opens in a new Finder window at the same time the icon appears on my desktop.

That's it so far. Rendezvous rocks!

address book: I don't like it. its too bulky and hard to use/time consuming. not at all apple-esque

iChat: I don't like that either. Adium is much better, I can't stand anything but single window-mode. the only thing I like about iChat over Adium is the aqua-ness, and it can do file swapping.

Originally posted by ewhan
If you have Jaguar and a mac with a Rage128 graphics card (such as the earlier slot-loading iMacs) the mac will freeze/crash instantly if a screensaver comes on which involves one picture fading out while another fades in. Examples of such screensaver modules are Forest, Beach, Pictures folder. It's obviously an OpenGL bug.

When talking about OpenGL bug I also have problem with this.

WHen I am working on a high-ploy count models in Cinema 4D XL7.3 When switching windows I get kernel panics very frequently. I didn't have this problem under 10.15

I am sure there's a serious bug in OpenGL driver or whatever under the current build of Jaguar

I've always had a problem my Plextor SCSI 12x10x32 burner in MacOS X. With versions up to 10.1.3, I used the El Gato SCSI Helper. After 10.1.3, the problem in MacOS X was fixed and I no longer need the SCSI helper extension. I have never been able to burn CDs with iTunes or via any Apple provided application. So I have instead been using Toast, since it would recognize my burner and allow me to burn CDs in OS X, with the SCSI helper before 10.1.3 and afterwards without. Now with 10.2, Toast no longer recognizes my SCSI burner again. I thought this was fixed for good!!! The Finder will still recognize my SCSI drive as a regular CD drive for reading discs, just not for writing in Toast or anything else again.

I have a window open, and the top of the window touches the menu bar. I click-hold a file, move it a little (but not out of the folder) and the titlebar of the window disappears while the window gets "sucked into the menubar"

I found another one. I turn Windows File Sharing on and enable my user name to login from windows computers. Now I go to a windows machine and type \\IP_Address_Of_Mac with the appropriate IP address. I am then prompted with the username/password dialog box. So I enter my MacOS X username and password. Then the box pops back up like it did not accept my username and password. I've tried this repeately, with no luck. I don't know what's going on.

Originally posted by RHITMacMan
I found another one. I turn Windows File Sharing on and enable my user name to login from windows computers. Now I go to a windows machine and type \\IP_Address_Of_Mac with the appropriate IP address. I am then prompted with the username/password dialog box. So I enter my MacOS X username and password. Then the box pops back up like it did not accept my username and password. I've tried this repeately, with no luck. I don't know what's going on.

same here, so much for it being the savior in that area, ive had to setup an ftp and can only transfer files at 600k/sec between my pc and my mac and its a pain in the ass to set up etc etc

*waits for dave update*

This just seems funny to me. In my TiBook the digital clock in the Date & Time panel shows miltary time(but not in the menu clock). I have the US standard set with Network Time checked and the Menu clock is set for that. Just not the digital clock in the Date & Time Panel.

Back