The most pointless key of the keyboard?

Giaguara

Chmod 760
Staff member
Mod
Not a default poll since there wold be 105 options in normal sized mac keyboard, and the extras on windows etc keyboards.... :)

What is the most useless key on the keyboard?
Or the most useless keys.

The 'help' key.
Agreed. The only thing it ever does is drive people crazy when they hit it accidentally.

F15 is close, since Apple seems to have tried their very best to make it useless. It's very hard to wrestle control of it away from the system, and the system doesn't actually do anything with it unless you're using certain kinds of Apple monitors.

Caps Lock before it is remapped to Control the way God intended it to be!

( We used to have fights over the old Sun keyboards when they tried to move the control key to the PC position on the new ones. )

On a laptop, the Caps lock. If I press it, it's usually by accident. On a full-size, probably the help key.

Definitely the "Help" key. Damn thing.

A close second is the F16 key, followed by my dead Tab key.

Great to see it's not just me with the "help" key.
I got so tired of hitting that key by accident that I removed it from the keyboard.
And a friend removed the caps lock-key from his powerbook since he hates it that much.

those arrows next to delete. or that key on the numpad that looks like a box with a line through it. it appears to work like escape does with a dialogue box.

§ - that one.

I think the four keys over the numeric keys (help, the diagonal arrow, and the up and down arrow with two horizontal lines through it. Doesnt do anything - never knew what it was for. Oh and one question: I saw the modern keyboards have a "k" key next to the right apple, just the "k" is tilted to the left. Whats it for?

never used the num key. What does it do? No joke!!
And yes, "help" key a little silly. But.....

The "num lock" key turns a part of my laptop keyboard into a number pad. Useful if you're into number pads.

Hey...let us turn this around for just a minute....

What IS(Are) the most important key(s)? And in which order? Good luck.

Ctrl, Alt and Delete for Wintel (couldn't resist :D)

Indeed, it's the only thing you need.

microsoftwg2.jpg

I've never even touched the f keys over the number keys or that one with the squggles next to 1 ....§ ± this one! what does § mean?

Most useful key for me is delete key, but I think hte help key would be equally useful but I don't know where it is and I've never hit it accidently :?

Back