The new iPod nano 4G

fryke

Staff member
Mod
Too many colours. Of course I'm thinking from a reseller's perspective here. Can't order less than 15 of a specific colour. So how should I test whether people actually _want_ a yellow 8 GB but not a purple 16 GB? Too many freakin' colours. They make a nice picture assembled for marketing purposes, but I see a bit of a problem for myself. Silver and black: Of course. Orange, green and blue: Yes, yes, yes. The others I can go without. Sure, the red one. But we can't sell those, can we now... ;)

Other than this colour-hell for resellers, I'd say that new nano is going to be the biggest iPod nano success yet.

Good to see the classic ipod form back. Its crazy how each generation of nano has a complete re-design.

I was meant to be referring to the nano's shape ElDiabloConCaca
:)

Last edited:
The classic iPod form has always been there -- it never went away. It just got a huge storage bump, though, to 120GB.

I like the new nanos. I intend to head down to my local La Cantera Apple Store and gauge tactiles and what-nots. It looks nice -- aluminum and glass, and the curves are nice, too... looks like it would be like digital sex for your hand (heh... well, that just came out wrong)... not to mention the fact that you can "shake" or "jiggle" the nano and it will shuffle your songs! Who saw that one coming?!

I have to say that I like the new nanos as well. I especially love the new black touchwheel on the silver and charcoal ones. Very reminiscent of the new iMacs. I also like the new colors that were introduced. Also, back to bold colors as opposed to the pastels it seems. And yes, the design of it is much nicer than previous versions. ;)

To be honest, I wasn't too interested in today's event. Maybe once MacWorld rolls in, I'll think different.....ly. ;)

They look almost exactly like the 2G nano to me - the only difference is the curved edges.
(and the new features)

Last edited:
... and the larger screen and the scroll wheel is at a lower position because of that screen.

This *may/may not* be considered off-topic and I apologise in advance, but my son gave me an MP3 player for Fathers Day.

It wasn't an Apple product and I'm happy to say that I like it based on its performance/features without being swayed in any way by the external shell of the unit or any hype around it .... random 2¢ worth ... :)

Back