The NEW Longest uptime....

Originally posted by joecrow
Ok, I don't know what happened (I JUST started up...) but here's what the terminal is reporting:

8:58PM up 11599 days, 58 mins, 2 users, load averages: 0.19, 0.13, 0.00

Lovely, eh?

-JoeCrow

Yeah, Acutally I have seen that before... It happens becaues your hardware c clock is wrong so the time when it starts up (and starts the clock for the uptime count) is wrong, and then the NTP server sets your time to the correct time and your uptime is all wacked out.

I installed Mac OS X 10.1 on my external 40GB firewire hard drive on Sunday night. Installation was perfect. It was a dream to install and use. But I managed to hard crash it (had to use the reset button) on Sunday night, and on Monday night too. But both times happened when I was using classic (nothing big or processor intensive). Also, I have 256MB of RAM in it (a 400mHz iMac DV SE Graphite)

In addition to my above post.

I am able to crash ANY machine you throw at me. Heck, I even managed to crash a friends eMate 300. And if anyone has ever used one, you'll know why thats funny.

But I am also able to keep a computer healthy (Mac only - I suck with PCs).

126 Days 9 Hours without a restart of OS X until I had a kernel panic last weekend (from a freakin' Flash animation, no less!). :(

Oh well... I was going to install 10.1 Saturday anyway... now if I can only get my hands on an update cd. <sigh>

Back