the New OS October!

There probbably won't be any big big failure, but if you want to be sure it doesnt crash, stay with 10.4.10 and wait till 10.5.1 comes out in the next month or so.

Another suggestion: Watch these forums and let others do the initial testing. Might sve you a lot of frustation and time. Maybe a new forum for 10.5 might be an idea.

Good luck, Kees

You can expect some rough edges on any .0 release. 10.4.0 had its share of problems, as did 10.3.0. Apple usually releases the .1 update within a couple weeks, which fixes most of the problems. Some people like to wait until the .2 or .3 updates, which are likely to come 2-3 months after the initial release.

Personally I've always jumped right in, and I probably will again with 10.5.0.

Those of us who buy Leopard 10.5.0--we will be fully updated to 10.5.1 and .2, etc., through software updates, correct?

Hi, I'm using Panther right now and i want to upgrade to Leopard. Do i need to upgrade to Tiger first or is Panther to Leopard ok?

If you don't think so, go ahead. But first off, a MacBook or iMac does not cost 2000$. The 129$ might be 10% of your Mac's price or even more with a Mac mini.

Back