The Photos app ...,

Rhisiart

Registered
When I import all my photos from the Pictures folder to Photos they fill up the default folder ‘Recents’. I then have place these newly imported photos into albums but I am then left with all 3,000+ photos in the ‘Recents’ folder in Photos. This is a pain as I only want my actual recently taken photos in there. If I delete any pictures from the ‘Recents’ folder they get deleted from the albums too. Any ideas anyone!

You will have to leave them as they are. They are in recents because you just recently added them to the Photo library. When you start adding 'new' images, those just added will move down from the recent category.

You will have to leave them as they are. They are in recents because you just recently added them to the Photo library. When you start adding 'new' images, those just added will move down from the recent category.
Well that depends on what app you use to view any recently added photos. Some apps will show all 3,000 photos and the most recently added photos will be somewhere in the middle of all the photos in ‘Recents’. Life is too short to spend hours scrolling through them all to find the one new one that you want.

Back