The return of Ellen Feiss...

ElDiabloConCaca

U.S.D.A. Prime
Many of you probably remember the arguably most popular of the "switchers" featured in Apple's "Switch" campaign on TV... you know, the loopy, slow music, the stark white background, and some "switcher" mumbling about how they can do everything better on a Mac.

Ellen Feiss was the one who slow-wittedly described her PC running Windows eating her school paper, and how it went "bleep bleep-bleep-bleep" and then it was gone. Many speculated that she was high on marijuana.

I have evidence that confirms this.

Ellen Feiss is now featured in a new commercial here in the United States. The commercial opens up with a girl getting into the backseat of her friends' car, and her mother is standing there saying, "Say 'Thank You'"... "Buckle up...", at which point the front-seat passenger turns around and offers her a joint. Guess who it is? Yep. Ms. Feiss herself.

As you can plainly see, this proves that the Macintosh platform is nothing more than a front for the counter-culture and underground drug society.

ElDiabloConCaca said:
Many of you probably remember the arguably most popular of the "switchers" featured in Apple's "Switch" campaign on TV... you know, the loopy, slow music, the stark white background, and some "switcher" mumbling about how they can do everything better on a Mac.

Ellen Feiss was the one who slow-wittedly described her PC running Windows eating her school paper, and how it went "bleep bleep-bleep-bleep" and then it was gone. Many speculated that she was high on marijuana.

I have evidence that confirms this.

Ellen Feiss is now featured in a new commercial here in the United States. The commercial opens up with a girl getting into the backseat of her friends' car, and her mother is standing there saying, "Say 'Thank You'"... "Buckle up...", at which point the front-seat passenger turns around and offers her a joint. Guess who it is? Yep. Ms. Feiss herself.

As you can plainly see, this proves that the Macintosh platform is nothing more than a front for the counter-culture and underground drug society.

With these comments I think you have been smoking something a bit stonger then the joint Ellen was offering.

I still despise that switchers campaign and I'm glad Apple did _not_ bring it back. (It was rumoured for a while...) I _do_ miss Jeff Goldblum in Apple's spots. His iMac spots were great. "There _is_ no third step."

On topic of, erh... What's the topic? Ah, yes. HOW does the use of Ms. Feiss prove that the Mac's connected to drugs?

fryke said:
On topic of, erh... What's the topic? Ah, yes. HOW does the use of Ms. Feiss prove that the Mac's connected to drugs?
I'm fairly certain that it just does. ;)

What I want to know is how/why she's on this new commercial. Has she started a career in acting, or was she sought out just for the role because everyone thought she was a stoner?

Macs ARE the stoner's choice! Creativity, free and independent thinking, following the road less travelled, going one's own way,
Macs, cannabis; they all compliment each other.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got a choice spliff waiting....hmmm, now where's my lighter?

Yes, I'd have to agree. Macs are the computer of choice for the "counter-culture" demographic. Lets be honest, they attract artists, musicians, writers, designers and pretty much anyone who likes to "Think Different". Its hardly surprising that you'd find a fairly high proportion of marijuana users.

I have to admit I liked the Ellen Feiss ad. It was very effective, it got caught in your memory and you'd find that even ten years on, people are still talking about it. Everyone remembers it, remembers what it was about, and that in my mind means it was effective.

As for the MJ, I have to admit to enjoying a nice pipe on occassion and always find my Mac very straightforward and trouble-free even when I'm a little drowsy.

Counter-culture, maybe. Underground drug society? I'd say underground society in general tends to have a soft spot for the Mac. On the other hand, Ellen Feiss being in another commercial barely counts as "evidence" for anything.

Back