The wait is over! New AluBook 15''!

Anybody know if the 15" and 12" models have that oh-so-cool automatic keyboard backlight and screen brightness that the 17" had?

I'm getting one, that's all I know, now I just gotta decide wether I want (somewhat) big screen, better graphics card, faster RAM, slimmer design and faster Ethernet, or lower price. The light thing could help me decide...

The 15" PowerBook has got the backlit keyboard, the 12" PB not.

Futuristic backlit keyboard with ambient light sensor.
The 15-inch PowerBook features a fiber optic backlit keyboard that’s right out of the future. Built-in light sensors automatically adjust the keyboard illumination and your screen’s brightness based on the available ambient light. You’ll appreciate this breakthrough in ease of use when you’re working in a low-light environment like an airplane cabin or a music or video studio.

AT last i can buy a powerbook.
oh. and the top end 15 inch is only 400bucks cheaper than the 17 inch... ohhhh geez.. i wonder which one im gonna buy.. lol :p

I was about to settle down for a second hand TiBook, but the new Alu's are just too sexy!
I'm getting one ASAP! We had to wait a bit too long, but it was worth it! I wonder how Moto's new G4's perform...

A pitty the battery endures just 4.5 hours... (for 15 and 17 alubook).
Anyway, I think the 12 inch alubook got really attractive now! So much power combined with more than 1GB Ram and stuffed in such a small case... Wow! And the price looks fine too. A pitty I already got a collection of apple laptops...

^Never mind...again...seems I can order the lower specced PB with added backlit keyboard...this is gonna rule!

The wait is over! I just bought my new Powerbook!

Now I just have 2-3 days to wait and that may seem longer than the 4-5 months I've already waited.

HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD THAT IS THE MOSET BEAUTIFUL THING IVE EVER SEEN. BLUETOOTH KEYBOARDS MEOTIRGVKEJNRCFEIJK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The 12" is very nice. :)

Old: \ New:
.867 \ 1 GHz
128 \ 256 soldered on motherboard, hence
1128 \ 1256 max RAM
VGA \ DVI monitor support
USB \ USB 2.0

It is not just a little bump, the DVI and USB 2.0 support are very good enhancements. Upping the soldered RAM ensures better expandibility.

OMG i want to sell my old 12PB right now and get a 1.25 15PB it it is so stacked for a laptop, btw the wireless keyboard is nifty too, finally something besides a phone that uses bluetooth;)

I don't care about the new 15" book. Me is gonna buy the 12" good stuff!

I don't need no more RAM (1.2 Gb will be more than fine), I don't need a FW800, even faster RAM and processor, a better graphical card and gigabit ethernet. I need USB2.0, and it's got it, and is a little bit faster and can carry more RAM then his predecessor. and..same price!

Let me get this straight: there is 265Mb on the motherboard, and two RAM-sleeves?

I need a backlight keyboard though, for work at night (I'm an amteur-astronomer), but it's gotta be red or dark-blue! Not white! That will burn my eyes! Better to have no backlit keyboard. The screen will light the keyboard.

the graphics card is better but still only has 32 meg of memory:rolleyes: and as far as the backlit keyboard i highly doubt it would burn your eyes;). You will love it though, it is perfect for students:p

Back