This site uses cookies

PBear

Registered
I get this message frequently from sites I regularly visit with Safari v13.1.2 (13609.3.5.1.5) on my Mac running OSX 10.13.6. The same message eventually pops up even though I accept cookies again and again. In Safari Preferences > Privacy I have Website tracking selected and Cookies and website data unselected. Why do I keep needing to accept cookies from frequently visited sites?

If you quit Safari or clear history, those sites think you are visiting for the first time. It happens to me as well.

Sites are required by law from EU and California, to notify force people to "accept cookies". How long they store this information is up to them. So you may have to accept cookies every so often on sites that don't save the data. Nothing you can do about it.

If all the sites start doing it at once, then you likely cleared your cookies or history.

Thank you both. I haven't cleared cookies or history in a while so I'm guessing that didn't cause it. I guess I'll just have to live with it.

Thank you both. I haven't cleared cookies or history in a while so I'm guessing that didn't cause it. I guess I'll just have to live with it.

if you really think about it cookies traditionally were used to save passwords and username on web boards! Then starting in late 90s bigger money was earned in tracking uses cookies were they went to target advertising! This was funny time to me sense I have a unisex first name so many web sites thought I was girl! I look back at that time now and find it funny sometimes!

Back