Thunderbird not stable on MacOS?

jerrry94087

Registered
I have MacBook
Darwin macbook.lan 10.8.0 Darwin Kernel Version 10.8.0

Latest thunderbird is very unstable there, on particular IMAP account it keeps saying "Connection lost", "Can't login", etc, etc... Eventually it gets the mail, but later the problem repeats. Same IMAP account works fine on thunderbird run on the Linux box on the same LAN.

Is thunderbird known to have network connectivity issues on MacOS?
What can I do to solve the problem?

I have MacBook
Darwin macbook.lan 10.8.0 Darwin Kernel Version 10.8.0

Latest thunderbird is very unstable there, on particular IMAP account it keeps saying "Connection lost", "Can't login", etc, etc... Eventually it gets the mail, but later the problem repeats. Same IMAP account works fine on thunderbird run on the Linux box on the same LAN.

Is thunderbird known to have network connectivity issues on MacOS?
What can I do to solve the problem?
So you are running Thunderbird on an obsolete Darwin kernel as a generic UNIX application? OK. You need to give your version of everything--including which specific model MacBook you are running:
  1. Which model MacBook?
  2. Which version Thunderbird?
  3. Which version X11?
  4. Which windows manager?
  5. Which version windows manager?

Not sure if you can classify Darwin 10.8.0 as 'obsolete'
It's the core set of components for OS X 10.6.8 - which is not yet on the 'trash heap of technology'

Not sure if you can classify Darwin 10.8.0 as 'obsolete'
It's the core set of components for OS X 10.6.8 - which is not yet on the 'trash heap of technology'
Trash heap or not, the current version is Darwin 11.2. However, this is not a thread about Darwin; it is a thread about a problematic installation of Thunderbird running on Darwin. Who knows which version of Thunderbird the OP is running.

Back