Thunderbolt Display Discontuing

Isn’t it odd that Apple would make this announcement without also showing the replacement?

They probably still have some stock and have calculated how long the stock should last. The replacement product would _probably_ include Thunderbolt 3, which currently no Mac supports, so a pre-announcement would have been too early. On the other hand, if a customer has been looking for anything _other_ than exactly a 27" screen with non-retina resolution which has exactly the capability to be used with a Thunderbolt-equipped computer, Apple wasn't the display vendor of choice, anyway. Like I always say. ;) (Apple sells far less desktop computers than notebooks by now and far less external displays than a couple of years ago, so this announcement wasn't that big a deal, really.)

A ploy to get people to buy what is already in stock - for those in the market. Like me - seriously looking into to a replacement but not quite sure what I want - just yet.

I'm getting the feeling they might be waiting for Thunderbolt 3 to come into Macs and a new Mac Pro. If it does happen it probably be a fall release!

Last edited:
Well, as it turns out, I can’t wait as I will need a new ‘device’ for work before the fall release. A new/old kind of display connection really would not affect my needs at this point.

Well, as it turns out, I can’t wait as I will need a new ‘device’ for work before the fall release. A new/old kind of display connection really would not affect my needs at this point.

Yea I now with only two Macs(Mac Mini & nMac Pro) being able to use a Display!

Back