Tiger Image restore failure

tiga

Registered
I created a .dmg file and have tried to restore it to my primary HD by booting to both the Install DVD and a bootable firewire drive. When I launch the Disk Utility and try to restore the .dmg file it gives me the error "No such file or directory" even though I can select the image file. If I try again it then tells me the resource is busy.

Thanks for any help

tiga said:
I created a .dmg file and have tried to restore it to my primary HD by booting to both the Install DVD and a bootable firewire drive. When I launch the Disk Utility and try to restore the .dmg file it gives me the error "No such file or directory" even though I can select the image file. If I try again it then tells me the resource is busy.

Thanks for any help

An image that you restore has to be read-only compressed, as well as "scanned for restore" in Disk Utility. Make sure you do that before attempting to restore.

The disk image to be restored has to be mounted, then it will show up as a Disk Drive which you should be able to restore.
jb.

No, the disk image does not have to be mounted in order to restore from it.

If you want to manually copy certain files or folders off of the disk image, then yes, you must mount the disk image to access the files and folders.

If you're using Disk Utility to do a "Restore" operation, then no, it does not have to be mounted.

Back