Tiger in Janruary!?

cybergoober said:
Well, if you wait until a Tiger release date has been announced to order your Mac it would ship with Panther pre-installed, but you should be eligible for a free upgrade to Tiger.

I would at least wait until after MWSF…
Does that include free iLife as well?

Kap

iMacs come with iLife included. I'd imagine the free upgrade to Tiger would include an updated iLife, or that you would be able to download an iLife update free of charge.

Certainly at this point, with Tiger's release imminent, it would pay to wait a bit before purchasing a new iMac.

andychrist said:
iMacs come with iLife included. I'd imagine the free upgrade to Tiger would include an updated iLife, or that you would be able to download an iLife update free of charge.

Certainly at this point, with Tiger's release imminent, it would pay to wait a bit before purchasing a new iMac.

I will wait until after mwsf to see if there is a realease date given, good idea. Went into Apple Store and fell in lve witht he G5 20'', i wanted it there and then.....But i have to be patient get the Tiger, it makes sens, also waiting for things (good) is exciting...Im sooooo sad.

LOL

:)

Tiger's release isn't "imminent", btw. ;) ... But I'm looking forward to a release date... This will tell us more about the timeframe of the next betas...

Quite right, the best we can expect to hear is an approximate release date.

But Panther's current shipping price of only $50 bodes well for Tiger coming sooner rather than later...

Myself, I can wait. Panther really offers just about everything I need or desire in an OS, so I'm in no rush to shell out more clams just to be able to stay current.

Worth waiting for as i would also get iLife 05..... First half of 2005!!!!!! Hope its not June....lol ::sleepy::

Captain Code said:
iLife 05 won't come with Tiger. It comes with new Macs.
Will_Richo said:
I am keen to purchase my next Mac (20'' G5 Imac) But do i wait for Tiger to come pre-installed? anyone have any updates on a possible launch date? also will ALL new Macs ship with Tiger installed?

Your Thoughts please.

That was his original question…

I am getting ready to buy a G5 and wondering if it is worth waiting for Tiger? Will there be any changes to the system or processor to accommodate tiger that wouldn't be on systems now? I am probably a month or so away from getting it anyway.

Pardus said:
I am getting ready to buy a G5 and wondering if it is worth waiting for Tiger?
You'll just end up saving yourself a little money (you'll almost certainly want Tiger).

Pardus said:
Will there be any changes to the system or processor to accommodate tiger that wouldn't be on systems now?
No.

Kap

Mac Write said:
They will most likely announce it officially, and say it's shipping Thursday March 24, with " A night of Tiger."

I agree it probably will be released in March. I look at the past pattern of Apple and March looks like it will happen. Good call.

Satcomer said:
I agree it probably will be released in March. I look at the past pattern of Apple and March looks like it will happen. Good call.
I highly doubt it. If the date was that close, SJ would have announced it at MacWorld.

Kap

Randman said:
Good, the fact that January is misspelt in the headline bugs. :D
Yeah really... I hated it when I had subscriptions emailed to me, and I'd have a hundred in a row with some glaring error in it.

Pardus: The G5's already have something different... they use 64-bit memory addressing, which should be more fully realized in Tiger.

Back