Tiger lost my mail

monktus

Registered
I just upgraded to 10.4 (I prefer Panther but some software demanded it) from 10.3.9 and the new Mail seems to have lost all my mail from July 2005 onwards. It downloaded everything off the mail servers but there's almost a year's worth of messages missing.

I know I should back up once in a while but I wasn't expecting this and can't think why it would happen. Any ideas?

monktus said:
I know I should back up once in a while but I wasn't expecting this and can't think why it would happen. Any ideas?
Yikes! Don't you think a major operating system upgrade would be the first thing that comes to mind when you consider a backup? I mean, not expecting things to go awry when you're performing a major upgrade like this is... well... it should be the FIRST thing you expect!

Can you try doing an "import" in Mail, then pointing it to your older Mail folder?

monktus said:
I just upgraded to 10.4 (I prefer Panther but some software demanded it) from 10.3.9 and the new Mail seems to have lost all my mail from July 2005 onwards. It downloaded everything off the mail servers but there's almost a year's worth of messages missing.

Unless you did something stupid, your old messages are still on your computer.

Back