Tiger not updating

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbadjohn

Registered
I have an EMAC G4 512 mags ram

I just installed Tiger 10.4.1 it wont update to latest 10.4.8

WHEN i TRY TO RUN iTUNES IT SAYS REQUIRES 10.4.7

You need to update to 10.4.8, or downgrade iTunes.

What error do you get installing the update? Try installing the Combo Updater.

I can't really know what the problem is if you just say it "won't update"

I completely forgot that 10.4.10 is now the latest version of Tiger - it'd probably be best to try to upgrade to that first, but you could try installing 10.4.8 first without any ill effects.

I d/l the update when I try to do it
it says you cant install on this volume (H/D has a red exclamation mark)
this volume does not meet the requirement for this update

Its an 80 gig H/D with clean install

About a week ago I upgraded and had same problem, thats why I though a clean install might work

Its a power pc g4 1gig ram 512

The reason I am doing all this so I can install Quarkexpress 7
it wont install with panther

I tried 10.4.8 same thing

I read the error meassage more closely
it says installing this software rquires 84.7 MB of space

cant install on this volume (H/D has a red exclamation mark)
this volume does not meet the requirement for this update

When I installed Tiger did I choose wrong file system?

The reason I am doing all this so I can install Quarkexpress 7
it wont install with panther

Your machine has Panther? (10.3) Click the apple logo in the upper right-hand corner, then "About this Mac". You'll see your OS version there. You cannot update from 10.3 to 10.4, you have to buy Tiger.

EDIT: nevermind, it looks like you installed Tiger over Panther. You may want to try a lower upgrade first, such as 10.4.7

EDIT 2: Looking through some similar situations, the only solution I have found is an archive and install, but that's not to say that there's no other solution.

There is no key-check in OS X, at least, not yet. However, if you have a beta release of Tiger, you would be unable to upgrade. Are you sure you have a full retail version installed?

Could be a problem with the hard drive - possibly a directory error? I remember getting a similar message during an update on a PPC MacMini a while back. I ran Diskwarrior, checked permissions and rebuilt the directory. After that everything was fine.

Mac Pro 2.66
4 Gb RAM

If your version of Tiger wasn't paid for, you're in the wrong place, I'd say. Read the board rules. Thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back