Tiger screens (Dashboard, more)

Ricky

Registered
Here are some screens posted over at MacRumors. I can confirm that these are real.

Dashboard (The one with the hideous looking Gadgets) is basically a gigantic Konfabulator ripoff.

Attachments

• dashboard.jpg
    dashboard.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 275
  • about1.gif
    about1.gif
    8 KB · Views: 0
  • about2.gif
    about2.gif
    6 KB · Views: 0
  • firewall.gif
    firewall.gif
    17.1 KB · Views: 0
systempreferences.gif

systempreferences_search2.gif

These pics are from MacRumors

Well, we'll all find out, in some sense Monday morning. I'm actually out in San Francisco already, anticipating the start of WWDC. Of course, after Monday morning, Apple will have me tarred and feathered if I talk about Tiger until GM hits. :)

No offense, but I'm sick of hearing people say "I can confirm..." - how? Just typing the words doesn't mean you can confirm it.

I hope this Dashboard thing isn't a feature of Tiger. I'd be pissed. Apple stealing 3rd party dev's ideas again...

kainjow said:
Just typing the words doesn't mean you can confirm it.
Well, I could show you a chat transcript I had with someone regarding it, but that would get them in a big amount of hooplah.

Considering that he's my friend, I don't really want to do that. ;) Perhaps after WWDC?

kainjow said:
No offense, but I'm sick of hearing people say "I can confirm..." - how? Just typing the words doesn't mean you can confirm it.

I hope this Dashboard thing isn't a feature of Tiger. I'd be pissed. Apple stealing 3rd party dev's ideas again...

Dude, perhaps he can't, or would rather not, divulge where he got the information that it is real.

As far as DashBoard goes:
If it is as extensible as, and does a better job of it than, Konfabulator I'm all for it. Otherwise it will surely be pretty lame...

is this the same confirmation as the video ipod and the iBox ?

anyhow.. i dont really trrust anythin that comes from moderators in here... they basically have no credability...

i do however believe macrumors confirmation... at this time.. 2 days before the keynote somethin allways comes out...and its usually true... these shots are 99% true :) well just have to wait and see what more there is :)

how long before the pre-release hits the illegal download channels? before WWDC maybe?! :D

btw, macrumors has been taken offline.. bwahahaha!

Military Sources have confirmed that Apple has destroyed macrumors.com with with two G5 nuculear warheads. Witness over 200 miles away describe a huge explosion with a blinding flash of light occuring moments afterward. "Hot wind just blew by me as if a supersonic jet engine fired past my face." said Alejandra Smith. All we can do is pray that the small publishing firm had enough sense to jump under the big hammock next to the oak tree for protection. More news at 6.

soulseek said:
anyhow.. i dont really trrust anythin that comes from moderators in here... they basically have no credability...
Scott's an administrator, not a moderator. ;)

I guess all of you who doubt me will have a big surprise come WWDC. :D

Didn't I see a pod4takeout in the preferences there. Yes, Apple has confirmed that they have created the first app for the ipod that allows individuals to take the best of information with them... driving directions, weather, movie times, and news feeds. In the next version they have mentioned the possibility of adding song lyrics.

I was reading the pdf read me from macosrumors, and something caught my eye. System requirements...dvd. Does this mean that tiger will be so huge it will be only available on a dvd disk??? So, apple is the first computer company to put its OS on dvd instead of cd???

honestly though, if dashboard is legit, why does apple feel the need to totally rip off 3rd party developers? instead of ripping konfabulator off, why dont they just do the right thing and buy it?

i use konfabulator and really like it. im sure though if dashboard comes built in, id end up using it instead.

same with sherlock and watson. its really lame.

mi5moav said:
I was reading the pdf read me from macosrumors, and something caught my eye. System requirements...dvd. Does this mean that tiger will be so huge it will be only available on a dvd disk??? So, apple is the first computer company to put its OS on dvd instead of cd???

negative, some linux distros such as SuSE and RedHat come on CD or DVD. its a lot smarter considering these distros have around 5-7 CDs.

also, if you buy a new Mac, the restore disc is a DVD.

the DVD-thing:
this is probably just a developer thing. if they are going to hand it out they dont want to make a lot of cd's. they are probably thinking: "a dvdplaer costs about a tenth of the ticket to this show so they probably can afford to buy one if they dont allready got it".

kendall said:
instead of ripping konfabulator off, why dont they just do the right thing and buy it?
They were originally going to buy out Konfabulator, but Steve said, "Screw that, we're doing our own." And since Arlo and Perry (the creators of the app) had already pitched what most of their ideas were for their 2.0 version of the app, it was easy for Apple to just throw those features in too.

This is going to destroy Konfabulator's sales.

As far as the DVD thing is concerned, all new macs come with combo drives now.

Ricky i never said u werent right.. its just that what ur sayin doesnt directly come from u..

ure just confirming it, and thats what i dont believe.. any authority in here confirmin any rumour.. i just dont believe it!

at WWDC ill be less surprised bout Tiger than u, trust me...

anyways... concerning that dashboard.. all i have to say is, If Apple can make it better and safer (no crashes security holes etc.) than i dont care about Konfabulators' sales!!!!
I pay 129 dollars for my OS X aND im not in the mood to go hand around 10 dollars to 20 diff ppl for their apps.. that makes up another 200 dollars...
if Apple gives it to me embedded in the system, aND includes it in the system i pay 129 dollars for, than i support that!

fake, fake, fake.

these were posted by [LINK REMOVED]

they are a trolling group. they love to mess with slashdot. read the 'news' article on their site. they are poking fun at macrumors. i dont believe any of this. steve will reveal all the day after tomorrow.

Ricky said:
As far as the DVD thing is concerned, all new macs come with combo drives now.

What about XServes? Some models ship with a CD-ROM drive.

Certainly Apple would not limit installation of Tiger to DVDs -- that would be limiting Tiger to running, theoretically, only on newly purchased computers.

Back