Tiger screens (Dashboard, more)

spitty dont mistaken them... they just dont like u advertisin spymac here cause its better :) they prefer 'video ipods' ... !

aas for u kendall, u were talkin about how aqua has evolved, and i mentioned how the brush metal is bein copied by ur favourite system... guess it isnt that disliked after all..

Yeah, i saw the legs on it after staring at the picture for a while. I don't get it though, it looks like an iMac. True, the keyboard and mouse are white, but that doesn't fit next to the G5 at all, IMO.

soulseek said:
spitty dont mistaken them... they just dont like u advertisin spymac here cause its better :) they prefer 'video ipods' ... !

aas for u kendall, u were talkin about how aqua has evolved, and i mentioned how the brush metal is bein copied by ur favourite system... guess it isnt that disliked after all..

ive never seen brushed metal in openstep 4.2? what on earth are you trolling about? *lifts the rock for you to crawl back under* :)

Oscar Castillo said:
The picture with the startled telemarketer look like it might be the new display design. On the very last picture it looks like it has two clear plastic feet and a metal arm incased in plastic. Doesn't seem too consistent with the tower design, so maybe it is a new iMac.

LMAO!

Those "computers" are fake (CG) IMO. I can't remember exactly, but I believe those pics are from a TV commercial for the U.S. cable channel TBS.

@ TommyWillB - Heh. No way. That's right down the road from me pretty much. Guess I'm toast...

cybergoober said:
LMAO!

Those "computers" are fake (CG) IMO. I can't remember exactly, but I believe those pics are from a TV commercial for the U.S. cable channel TBS.

Correct. TBS is running an advertising campaign for their daily segment of comedy shows. The "telemarketers" discern whether the callers' stories are funny or not, all while various recognizeable guest actors from various sitcoms and such wander about.

I sincerely doubt that Apple would sneakily debut their exciting new iMac design in a tv station's promo. I think it's much more likely that the folks designing the set pieces for the promo said "hey, let's make the computers look like iMacs because, y'know, they look cool."

i cant believe those are real!!! Especially dashboard. It is ugly and a humongous ripoff of konfabulator but with a non-mac look. What is with the humongous calendar red thing? Ugggh!!! NO!!!! Say it isn't so!!

so... no color iPods, yet dashboard is a reality. no other outrageous claims - dual 3ghz, mobile g5's, iBox, cellphone, pda, godzilla in a box.

meh. a monitor that's 1k more than the top notch dually g5 and needs a 500.00 vid card to run it...

tiger does look awesome though. very awesome. as does xcode 2.

I started looking into this konfabulator stuff and it's almost identical to what opendoc used to do. I don't really understand why everyone is up in arms. The look of the widgets are supposed to match the aqua gui and they do. I downloaded 1.7 and about 20 extra widgets. I used it for about 2 hours or so and then duped it all in the trash. The integration just isn't there can't wait for the dashboard stuff to come out I think I'll like that a lot better... hopefully this will push those guys to step it up a few notches like the watson boys did.

bobw said:
Hmmm... This is the thing that jumped out at me:
Enhanced UNIX APIs
Tiger enhances the stellar cross-platform API support in Panther by adding powerful new Open Source libraries for XML transformations (libxslt) and data persistence (SQLite), as well as support for common UNIX services such as System V message queues.
Specifically the SQLite one.

I quickly Googled SQLlite and found that there are wrappers for (among other things) PHP. So does anyone know if Apple will include these wrappers into their Apache/PHP build?

While I'm asking... is there any timeframe for when Apple will make Apache 2.0 the default? (A change which obviously could break a bunch of things.)

Back