Timbuk2 Laptop Messenger

ohio_wookie

Registered
http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/retail/catalog.htm?categoryId=82&skusetId=192

I just got mine in the mail, and its awesome! Its got lots of room for my binder, textbooks, MBP, extra batteries, powersupply, ipod, phone charger, and the list goes on and on. I'm really surprised! I was getting tired of carrying a bookbag and a laptop case to classes, and I thought a lot of the laptop bookbags were big and bulky with a lot of stuffing and not a lot of room. but this is great. I'm starting to rethink the hemp though :) in the time it took them to send it to me, they got better colors to choose from. oh well.

-Crash

Probably the wrong person to ask. I always seem to be posting in the wrong place!

P.S. I just bought one myself on your recommendation.

(The thread's in the right place, although it's not strictly about Apple stuff.)

Looking at their page, I found the following dot-list items funny:

Small - Apple 13" Aluminum MacBook (and smaller)
Large - Apple 17" MacBook Prok (and smaller)

Well, the "Prok" is simply a typo, I guess, but the "13 inch Aluminum MacBook", in slow news times, could've had the effect of a way-out Apple rumour. "Hey, an aluminum 13" MacBook's coming! Confirmed on 3rd party site!"

So the thread _really_ belongs here now. ;)

Expected delivery in the next five days (US to UK).

I have two low-cost laptop carriers, both of which are robust, stylish and comfortable to carry/wear.

Yet neither have adequate space for cables/power leads.

I can't get my head around this short-sighted design concept (yes OK cheap, so therefore what do you expect?).

That's one of the reasons why I prefer those neoprene suits for MacBooks. They're cheap, and then you can use _any_ kind of bag with it, basically. Myself, I use some sort of leather messenger bag. Looks very nice, classy, and doesn't look anything like "there's a notebook in that!". :)

.... and doesn't look anything like "there's a notebook in that!". :)
I can see the sense in that.

I have been using a leather bag gifted to me by an Indian friend from Mysore. It is excellent quality and the iBook fits in well, but there is no adequate cushion to protect it if you drop the bag down hard (I use a rolled up pillow sheet to soften the base).

Very stylish. Plenty of space++. Looks like it would get wet easily in the rain, but it is completely waterproof.

The carry handle is set too far back, but this is its only drawback (better to use the adjustable shoulder strap).

The bag is great for travelling overnight because there is enough space for it to double up as a laptop carrying case and as an overnight bag.

Back