Time Capsule(Airport Extreme) & Linksys BEFW11S4

rossj

Registered
I recently purchased the recent refresh of the Apple Time Capsule, the smaller 2 TB model. This was intended to replace my old Linksys BEFW11S4 wireless router. I've been happy with the throughput using my MacBook Pro, and have had no problems at all with the connectivity to my Xbox360. But there is a PC laptop running Windows XP in the house, and we've seen slower throughput on it. Now, when I switched to the Time Capsule, I switched the security from WEP to WPA2. I've seen posts here where the Airport Extreme is used in addition to another wireless router! What's the purpose in doing this, and if the Linksys is added back to the configuration would this resolve the issues for my PC user? Thanks.

Well welcome to the wonderful life of networking. First thing you have to ask your self is all your devices ABLE to use WPA2?

Plus did you reset the ISP modem when you changed the device that was behind it?

My airport extreme and express somehow are reducing my internet speed. When i run a speediest my Ping is way too high, therefore, reducing my download and upload speeds. I already turned off file sharing. How can I fix this?
Thanks for the help

Back