Time For Some Change...

Oh, completely understood, and I love the new look... I was just wondering if I was right... was there a time when there were two choosable themes?

Very clean design. Very easy on the eyes. I'd be a little worried about making a design that requires the browser window to scale to 1000px (which is what I think is happening). In Firefox, the browser by default "maximizes" to about 800px (way to go, FireFox!!), which leaves your Google ads cut off. I obviously can't speak for you, but I would imagine this is probably the one thing you _don't_ want happening on your site as it almost definitely will have an impact on your click-throughs. You already have one user asking, "What happened to the ads?"

Actually, the layout is only 60 pixels wider than the last. However the right side banners are in the same location as previous. It just LOOKS wider because of the design.

Nice work Scott i think the forum needed a new facelift. I really dunno about the background though like i think it seems to be too dark. Maybe if you can you shoudl include a grey gradient or even a blue gradient for the background... Well yeah nice work !

The charcoal grey background is much better than the black was.

I'm still undecided about the new quote buttons etc., maybe it's just the inconsistency between it and the non-updated other ones.

I still feel strongly about the 3D borders on things (like the Quick Reply box I'm typing in)

Yep -- not a big fan of the Quote and New Reply buttons -- they're large and "clunky" looking to me, plus, being 3-D and "Aqua" looking, they don't really fit in with the "flat" look of the site.

Nothing that's gonna bug me, though.

You must be getting the old images in your cache. Try a shift-refresh of your page. I haven't got all the buttons changed out, not sure I like the new ones, as they are hard to see.

And the most recent updates (the changed 'recent forum topics' etc. lists) amke it look even better. Much better, not so cluttered, and I hate cluttered websites!

ScottW said:
You must be getting the old images in your cache. Try a shift-refresh of your page. I haven't got all the buttons changed out, not sure I like the new ones, as they are hard to see.

I think I'm getting the new ones -- blue with a little shading, with while letters, and a little pic of a quill... those are the new ones, yes?

Oh, wow, that's not what they look like for me (with the exception of the quill icon)... here's mine (and I freshly reloaded Tiger and did not save any of my old Safari history or cache or anything, so I don't know what's up!):

Attachments

• quote.gif
    quote.gif
    2.1 KB · Views: 45
  • quickreply.gif
    quickreply.gif
    1.4 KB · Views: 46
  • edit.gif
    edit.gif
    2.1 KB · Views: 45
I have changed the background from a light grey to white for the main page. This is noticed on the forum and main page, while the other new format pages I have not updated. On my iMac LCD, the light grey looks almost white, while on a different platform (cough, cough) and on a CRT system... it is really grey and not the look I wanted.

Yea, the quick reply box needs some help. I will work on that. The buttons... I don't know... any thoughts? (not the old blue ones)

i prefered the old buttons to the new ones, but someohw both don't look *right*. the new ones look ill suited to the sites aesthetic, instead looking like a gaming forum or something, whearas the old ones suited the site, but now look dated compared to the lovely new clean look instated

i prefered the old buttons to the new ones, but someohw both don't look *right*. the new ones look ill suited to the sites aesthetic, instead looking like a gaming forum or something, whearas the old ones suited the site, but now look dated compared to the lovely new clean look instated

also, could we have the back to top link nearer to the bottom of the quick reply box, or repeated there? a small, and rather lazy niggle, but a welcome change i think. it could go quite neatly under the "show your signature" tickbox and parallel with the "go advanced" button

I like it a lot. Looks a lot cleaner. Unfortunetly the colors are wrong on when I have my Mac connected to my old Zenith TV. (It's the TV's fault.). It is, after all over 20 years old. Hard to read text on the TV too (again, TV's old out of focus tube).

Back