Time is incorrect

Racquelle

Registered
I have an annoying problem with the time displayed by my MacBook Pro. I am in London in the UK, but the clock at the top right of my screen displays a time that is one hour too fast, which is apparently what apples clock in Europe thinks is the correct time here. Furthermore, if I uncheck 'Set date and time automatically' and set the correct time, this reverts to apples incorrect version of London time whenever I restart my computer.
This problem started happening around the time that I used Boot Camp to make a partition on my computer for Windows, the clock on which also suffers from the same problem.
Anyone know anything about this? It's really annoying to have to set the correct time every time I restart.

In System Preferences->Date & Time, then the "time zone' tab is select for London? If so then go to /YourHardDrive/Users/YouUserName/Library/Preferences/ and delete the files com.apple.MenuBarClock.plist and com.apple.systempreferences.plist . Then restart and reset the Date & Time time zone to London again.

Hopefully this should fix the clock.

Back