Time off after restarting

gollum84

goonies never say die
Installing XP Home SP3 with Boot Camp went smoothly and works great, but each time I restart back into Leopard, the clock is off by about 6 hours. If I reset the time in OS X, then the next time I boot Windows, its time is off by about 6 hours.

Anyone else having this problem? I did some searching and found that OS X and Windows use different methods for keeping track of the current time.

Other than setting the clock to some other timezone I'm not in, how can I get both systems to sync to the correct time?

Get them on the same Automatic Time Server. In OS X go to system Preferences-> Date & Time and use either the default apple Time server or put in a neutral server that you can use (like the ones at this page). On XP right-click on the clock in the lower right corner of the start bar and choose "Adjust time/date".

In both case have them go to the same time server and to keep that time automatically. Most computer internal clock runs off the internal battery that fails within 3 to 5 years.

Last edited:
Thanks, I got it working now.

I set both systems to follow time.nist.gov. XP shows the wrong time for about 3 seconds but then sets itself to the correct time. I can live with that. And now when restart in OS X it always displays the correct time. It was driving me nuts because I have Time Machine set up and didn't want it doing backups with the wrong time showing.

Back