Titanium PB case

Will_Richo

Green & Growing
Hi, does anyone know the best place in the UK to get your Powerbook refurbished/repaired. It is out of warranty.

It is the lower outer part of the case that i need to have replaced/repaired as it was dropped and the corner has split. It still works perfectly :) but i would like to get it fixed if possible.

Any info appreciated.

:D

Will_Richo said:
Hi, does anyone know the best place in the UK to get your Powerbook refurbished/repaired. It is out of warranty.

It is the lower outer part of the case that i need to have replaced/repaired as it was dropped and the corner has split. It still works perfectly :) but i would like to get it fixed if possible.

Any info appreciated.

:D
Good luck - this part of the case isn't cheap (something like AUS $270 when I checked).

(sorry, don't live in the UK - just seeking to ease the potential shock a little)

Kap

Thanks :D Didnt think was gonna be cheap. The wife dropped it for me, so no new clothes for her for at least a week :D

Anymore please ::alien::

Hey i have the same prob....
I was quoted about €100 (£70ish) including delivery from a company down in limerick. Then i went to my local authorised reseller in Belfast and told him my quote and he said they should be able to do it for less than that... but said he couldnt gimme a price or order the part without my computers serial number havent gotten around to going back
Your other option would be to watch ebay, some times parts come up... though ive been lookin for mine for quite a while now and i aint been lucky..
www.compub.ie (Irish company) their site is kinda useless but you can email them and they'll get back to you pretty quickly but try you're local reseller

sUICIDE_mONKEY said:
Hey i have the same prob....
I was quoted about €100 (£70ish) including delivery from a company down in limerick. Then i went to my local authorised reseller in Belfast and told him my quote and he said they should be able to do it for less than that... but said he couldnt gimme a price or order the part without my computers serial number havent gotten around to going back
Your other option would be to watch ebay, some times parts come up... though ive been lookin for mine for quite a while now and i aint been lucky..
www.compub.ie (Irish company) their site is kinda useless but you can email them and they'll get back to you pretty quickly but try you're local reseller

Thanks. Yeah looked on E-bay, seen some hinges etc. I will keep looking, and also will drop that compub a line.

Which part do you want the Bottom Case or the Top Case?

Bottom Case being underneath the laptop with the rubber feet on it. Part No: 922-4629
Top Case is the part the keyboard fits into with the palm rests. 922-4628

Hi. Its the lighter coloured surround that the power plug goes into and where the pcmcia slot is etc. Does that help?

Are you talking about the actual chasis of the computer, the part that everything screws onto?...i thought you were talking about the underneath, where the feat are ...sorry man. my quote was for the undercase, dont know how much the chasis would be...

sUICIDE_mONKEY said:
Are you talking about the actual chasis of the computer, the part that everything screws onto?...i thought you were talking about the underneath, where the feat are ...sorry man. my quote was for the undercase, dont know how much the chasis would be...

Just got a rough guide of £200 + VAT....ouch.......

:(

Back