toast help

glamrockchick

Registered
hi

this is a bit tricky to explain but is there any way on toast i can make a dvd disc so i can just click on the episode like 1, 2, 3 where theres a box like on a dvd instead of me having to scroll through each episode cos when a episode ends it goes back to the 1st one on the disc and gotta scroll to the one im up to which is a bit annoying

hoping you can help!

Do you have separate episodes listed on the DVD menu screen for your disk?

If not, you could try to re-burn your original in Toast, choosing the Options button, then click the More button. That should show you several settings that you can change, including how the menus are presented. You would want to make sure that "Play all items continuously" is checked.

If this is a DVD that you have created yourself, and not a copy of a DVD movie disk - then maybe Apple's iDVD is a better choice for getting a DVD disk with that choices that you want.

yeah it will be a disc i have created myself from the net.. ah right could try the play all items continuously but i would prefer a menu like a dvd where you see little screenshots and the episode 1, 2 etc.. could i do that on toast or idvd?

I do know that Toast will MAKE menus, I just don't know what kind of control you have. For example, I don't know if the menu that Toast creates has the "little screenshots"
That may depend on what the source provides.

I'm going to hedge on that question.
You best bet, is the one that does what you want, and works well for you.
You have Toast now, and do you also have iDVD?
Play around with both.
Make a few 'coasters' (DVD-Rs aren't that expensive these days :D ) to try out the options.

used to have idvd, dont seem to have it anymore.. so will try the continuous thing you said about on toast but dont think i can make it like an actual dvd disc? i use re-recordable ones so if mess up and can re record

erasable DVD-RW is probably OK, at least for trying things out.
I haven't had much luck with them, myself, as they only seem to last for a couple of full erasures.
You'll probably find that DVD-RW is quite a bit slower to complete the burn process

If you got iDVD with your Mac originally, you can always get it from your original restore DVD. It will be a separate software install.

erasable DVD-RW is probably OK, at least for trying things out.
I haven't had much luck with them, myself, as they only seem to last for a couple of full erasures.
You'll probably find that DVD-RW is quite a bit slower to complete the burn process

If you got iDVD with your Mac originally, you can always get it from your original restore DVD. It will be a separate software install.
i prefer re-writable ones. thing is i installed lion on my mac a while back and dont have a disc for that, i upgraded the os

1. If you erased the previous OS X system, then installed Lion, then yes, you don't have iDVD, because Lion (and no other version of OS X) comes with iDVD.
2. If you had iDVD, either because your Mac originally had it - or you purchased it separately, then all you need to do is reinstall it.
3. If you installed Lion as a system upgrade, without erasing your OS X system first, then you should look in your Applications folder. iDVD may still be there, and you just haven't looked for it.
4. Alternatively, you may still have iDVD on an old backup of your hard drive.
or
5. Do you still have the original OS X restore DVDs that came with your Mac? iLife (and iDVD) would be on one of those DVDs, too.

yep i erased the previous system, annoying cos things i had on the other one went cos i forgot to back up .. should have the disc somewhere.. i like toast anyway so wonder if i can improve what i want on the dvd with toast

I see that my number 1 in post 12 (which I can't edit now) is confusing. I meant to say that Lion does NOT come with iDVD, or any other part of the iLife package.

right i see. hope i can do what i need in toast cos dont have that now anyway and happy with toast.. shame i cant get anything back from my erased os.. should have backed up!

Back