toast not working!

sammybthfc

Registered
hi im running mac os x 10.4.6 on a g4 powermac

ive got toast 9, but whenever ive tried to burn a cd, it gives me the following message " sense key = illegal request sense code 0 x 20 invalid command operation code" and then "couldnt set up the track for writing"

although I have been successful in burning a cd from itunes

im guessing its something to do with the settings, but im completelyey stuck

any advice you could help me with?

thanks

sam

click on the Apple in the top left corner and select "About This Mac". When the pop up comes on select 'More Info ...". When System Profiler opens up highlight "Disk Burning" and tell us what you see.

I think there are bugs in Toast 9. I experienced something similar.

Toast 9 also lost track of files I renamed in the burn window. Something I have always been able to do in Toast 8. After it stuffed up 3 DVDs of mine I tossed it in the bin and went back to Toast 8.

There are very few compelling new features in 9 (in fact I can't think of any off hand). If you have the older version go back to it. If you bought 9 fresh, I'd get my money back if I were you.

The most compelling feature of Toast 9 for me is that it was the only version that would work on Leopard for me. Version 8, for whatever reason, couldn't find the DVD burner. Upgrading to 9 fixed the problem. I recall a similar thing happening when I initially upgraded from OSX 10.2 to OSX 10.3

thanks for replying to me guys - its the same scenario for toast 8 . which is most annoying!

disk burning sayss the following

PHILIPS CDD5101:

Firmware Revision: A4.2
Interconnect: ATAPI
Burn Support: Yes (Apple Shipped/Supported)
Cache: 8192 KB
Reads DVD: Yes
CD-Write: -R, -RW
Burn Underrun Protection CD: Yes
Write Strategies: CD-TAO, CD-Raw
Media: No

OK your Mac still sees the drive so lets concentrate on Toast. To reset Toast (you might need your Toast serial number) just go to the folder /YourHardDrive/Users/YourUserName/Library/Preferences/ and delete the files for toast ( ie: com.roxio.Toast.plist and other roxio preferences) and relaunch your program to see if that helps.

Back