track songs

cleo

Registered
when i download cd to my itunes library it comes up as tracks.... why is that? i have downloaded many cd before... so i do i get it to say the name of the songs and not just track numbers??... thank you

I'm not sure I understand the question correctly. You're importing a CD? Or are you downloading songs from some music store other than the iTunes Store?

If you're importing a CD, iTunes should get the track-names from the internet. This obviously only works when connected to the internet, the track-names are not part of the CD's data, usually.
There's a preference in iTunes' preferences that decides whether iTunes should automatically look for track-names.

i am downloading and importing them to my itunes...but it comes up as tracks?.....the cd was bought and it has happened to songs i bought on itunes
if you can help ..i want to make a few playlist.... thanks cleo

Cleo - if you are not connected to the internet, then you will only see your tracks as 'track 2', etc. and not the actual track names. So, you must be connected to the internet, and the CD tracks will be named automatically, or you can select 'Get CD track names' under the Advanced menu in iTunes. This will retrieve track names automatically for CDs when you are importing. If the CD has already been imported, then you would have to do that CD manually.

thanks delta for your help..... i am connected to the internet nd the cd has been imported... but i dont understad why the songs i had now show a track? but how do i do the cd manually? and i guess i have to try to find the cds i have allready imported...and to try to look the songs up will take some time..
i wish i knew how it got this way??....but thanks anyway for your help delta..
cleo

I still don't get whether those are _downloaded_ (from the internet) or _imported_ (from CDs) tracks. If they're _already_ in iTunes, loading the CD again won't change anything about the imported files, btw. You'd have to reimport them after iTunes has already found the track names for the CD. If it's about a CD at all. As I've said: Your wording confuses me. You don't "download a CD to iTunes".

Cleo, it's obvious that English isn't your mother tongue. Maybe try to ask the question again in your language (italian, spanish, german, whatever). Then someone here might speak that language and can reply with the right answer.

We might be able to help you better if we can see what you mean. You can use the Grab utility (in /Applications/utilties) to take a screenshot of iTunes, and post that in this thread, and we might have a better idea of what is going on.

sorry i missed your rude remarks ferdinand... we all cant be as smart as you.
the songs are in my itunes library already....and some how they show up as track numbers..... all i wanted to know is how do i get the names back instead of track numbers?... there songs i either bought legally..or i downloaded them from a cd i had....or imported as someone said from a cd
i am a new computer person so thats why its hard for me to explane things
thanks for any help.....and i do speak english....thank you very much.....

If you are importing a file that has the CD files in it, you may not get the track names. You have to import directly from a CD. If you've done that, select the tracks, click "advanced", then "get CD track names". Note, this will only work for common CDs. If you are importing your own mixes, or a rare album, the CD info may not be on the database.

Back