transfering info from palm to ical

docphyllis

Registered
I have palm desktop and want to move to using an ipod touch. How can I transfer all of my calendar info from the palm desktop to ical on the same computer or to the ipod touch?

isync does not recognize the ipod touch so I cannot move the info from my palm desktop application to the touch. I have also tried to export the palm info in vcal format but it will not gve me the export option when I try that. Any other suggestions?

Do:
1. Open Palm Desktop app and do an export of the calendar and contacts.
2. Import the files into iCal and Address Book.
3. You can clean up in iCal and Address Book.
4. then move them to iPod

Alright, I finally decided to step into the 21st century and replace my aging Handspring with an iPod touch. So... Palm desktop doesn't work anymore, so I can't import the data into iCal that way. iSync doesn't recognize the Handspring. I tried doing a sync on my wife's PC, which is old enough to allow Palm Desktop to run. I then tried exporting the contacts and calendar data, but the resulting files (.dba) couldn't be imported by iCal. I'm kinda stuck here. How can I get all of my old calendar data into my new iPod?

TIA

Sam E.

You should be able to specify "vcard" as the export format when exporting from Palm Desktop on the Windows machine.

Then, move the vcard(s) to the Mac computer, and import into Address Book.

Do you see "vcard" as an export format on the Windows computer in Palm Desktop?

Back