trash

irkl_z

Registered
i have a file in trash bin (which was locked when i erased it) then i tried to empty the trash but it couldn't, somehow it disappeared, but sometime it appears again, and the same story

If you want to delete locked files from the Trash, hold down the Option key while selecting "Empty Trash" from the Finder menu. Please note that this will delete all items in the Trash (including locked items) without displaying a warning dialog.

As for why it appears and disappears, my best guess is that maybe it's on an external drive that you disconnect sometimes. It would only appear in the Trash when the drive was connected and mounted.

i have a file in trash bin (which was locked when i erased it) then i tried to empty the trash but it couldn't, somehow it disappeared, but sometime it appears again, and the same story
I've also had a file in the trash which I can't get rid of. I have used every method I can find to force empty the trash, but nothing works. I can try 'get info' on this file and it disappears...but it always comes back. This is what it looks like: ␀␀␀õ␀␀.␀␀
It doesn't cause any problems, but I would sure like to get rid of it.

Matt

thnkz about opton key (delete), but coming/leaving of the file doesn't have to do with the external

I had the same sort of problem on my MBP and tried everything. I found Trash It! which took care of the problem. Haven't had the file come back since I've ran that!

Good Luck!
Robert

I've also had a file in the trash which I can't get rid of. I have used every method I can find to force empty the trash, but nothing works. I can try 'get info' on this file and it disappears...but it always comes back. This is what it looks like: ␀␀␀õ␀␀.␀␀
It doesn't cause any problems, but I would sure like to get rid of it.

Matt
Do you, perchance, use Boot Camp?

Back