Travel with Airport Express

vinsea

Registered
Hello,

This is my first post. I have been using my airport express with my ibook (with OS 10.3.9) for a while now in the US. Currently, I am on a trip to India with both computer and AE. However, I am not able to get AE to work. When I plug it in, the green light flashes once for a second and then there is no further response. The manual says it is supposed to blink yellow/amber till it starts up. This is not happening.

I tried resetting by pressing the reset button for 10 seconds. This has not helped either.

I assume that AE works on 220V as its specifications say that it works on a variable voltage from 110-240V.

Could anyone please help me troubleshoot and fix this problem?

Thanks

V

You may have already done this, but you didn't mention it, so I'll post it.

It's so obvious that it's easy to overlook - but did you setup a new AE profile at the location in India? AE was previously working at home, with a specific network profile. That profile won't be the same on your travels. So each time you set it up in a new place, it'll need a new profile or configuration.

Run the Airport Setup Assistant.

Hope that helps.

vinsea - were you able to resolve your problem? I have an airport express that it having the exact same symptoms: led blinks once after plugging in, then nothing. it was working fine until i unplugged it and tossed it into my suitcase. after arriving at my in-laws (no wireless!) I plugged it in and noticed this behavior. tried hard reset, plugging into UPS, but nothing works. any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Back