tv tuner?

weric

Registered
does anyone know of a tv tuner card/adapter that will work natively under 10.1 or even through classic?

-e

I don't know but was wondering also I have a MyTV thing from Eskape and I can't try the software that came with it in Classic becasu eClassic doesn't work for somereason on my G4 it just lods than quits. :(

I have a ProTV card from Formac. No drivers (announced or otherwise) yet! :mad: :mad:

I wrote them and got no answer of any sort! :mad:

I'm waiting, but I am quickly loosing patience.

I did get an email from eskape when I inquired about OS X support for their tuner...they said sometime around the end of November was the target date for a OS X tuner.

I bought ATI whatever 128 for my 2nd monitor when I was still using OS9 and that came with TV tuner thing... and since OSX came out, it looks like ATI just left everything to Apple.

so basically, I might as well just trash this thing for video-in...:(

Javintosh,

I contacted Formac, here is the reply:
>we will offer an upgrade (hardware) solution soon. You should read about it
in about 2 weeks. Have a great week.

Thank you,

Sales Department<

As far as I remember I wasn't able to use Pro TV in Classic mode. That may have changed under 10.1 though.

Classic won't ever support hardware directly. If a device needs a driver (and devices do), Mac OS X will only be able to use it if there's a Mac OS X driver. That was clear from the beginning of BlueBox development (todays Classic environment).

It's a pity that all those people just don't care for their customers.

No X driver - no device support. (If you now mention something like Microsoft mice working, I'll slap you. :) For they *have* a driver. An Apple one.)

it kills me that some things work under classic, like synching my palm, but others like downloading from my camera do not - but at least apple provided a program to do that.

ugh.

Originally posted by fryke
No X driver - no device support. (If you now mention something like Microsoft mice working, I'll slap you. :) For they *have* a driver. An Apple one.)

What about my printer, for which there is no OS X driver, working under clasic? Will I get slaped for mentioning that ;)?

Back