Two Imacs, a network drive and some users...

CasperH

Registered
Hi everyone,

I'm new here, new to Apple, so please forgive me if I ask stupid questions. All help is appreciated!

The situation: I have two brand new iMacs. They are connected to a router. Also connected to that same router is my Iomega StorCenter ix2 which is always on. Both iMacs have 4 users. Admin, Person1, Person2 and Guest. Now I would like it to be possible to store all userdata on the network drive. This way, everything would be accessible from both systems, even if one of them is turned off.

Question 1: is this possible? If so: where do I set this up?
Question 2: is it possible to give Person1 full permissions to certain folders on the networkdrive from both iMacs? And can I shield those folders from Person2?
Question 3: Can I set things up in such a way that the Guest account does not get access to the Network drive?

Thank you for your advice!
Casper

Congratulations on becoming a Mac person.:)

Now just right click (control button click is the same as a right click) as an OS X Admin and go a "Get Info" of the drive or folder and at the bottom of the "Get Info" pop-up you will see where you can give certain privileges to all kinds of users. Plus don't forget about the System Preferences->Accounts and System Preferences->Parental Control too.

Back