Uh-Oh with 10.2.5 installation

Majin Silver

Registered
ok, first thing that is helpful to know, is that OS X.1.xx and X.2.xx have never booted. I have to hold down option, boot into OS9 and then select OSX as my start up disk, then restart to get into OSX.
I'm n a beige G3 too btw.
So I was half way through installing 10.2.5 when I force quitted the installer. Now it thinks it is 10.2.5 even though it isn't, and it was messing up my sound and making my computer run slow. So, I rebooted. I held down option like normal, but now as OS9 is loading the extentiosn and stuff, it reboots. On its own, no reason just reboots. So the only way into OSX is to boot into safe mode. Which I can't usemy speakers in :(
I said ok ok, and reinstalled 10.2.5 this time for real, but I still can't get into 0S9. I then reinstalled OS9 and still can't get into it. So the only way into OSX is to do a safe boot. I know I shouldn't of forced quit the installer :( I'm an idiot sometimes, but is there anything I can do? ( I ran disk utility and that found a lot of problems, but its my boot disk so the only way to do a real repair is through OS9. Which is on a different hardrive, however as I said, I can't get into OS9.) I don't know what to do!

Erhm... 'safe mode'? That's a Windows 95 term that 'we' don't use... Do you mean 'single-user-mode'?

Boot partition for OSX on a beige G3 cannot be larger than 8 GB, also that OSX partition has to be the FIRST partition. Is this possibly part of your problem? Also, you should boot to your Jaguar install CD, and run the Disk Utility from the menu when you get to the installer screen, try to repair the disk from the first aid tab.

oh yeah OSX is on a 15 gig hard drive. Well, thanks I'll run the Jaguar cd and then change OSX to my smaller drive.

Back