UK iTunes Music store IS NOW LIVE

I don't see that. The music store page in iTunes, the Apple store page or the Music store page on the Apple site? I've got a version of the music store in iTunes that doesn't have prices and a load of links that say the album isn't available in my country. Is that the UK store? Where are the prices?

gigapet said:
I don't see that. The music store page in iTunes, the Apple store page or the Music store page on the Apple site? I've got a version of the music store in iTunes that doesn't have prices and a load of links that say the album isn't available in my country. Is that the UK store? Where are the prices?

http://www.apple.com/uk/itunes/

When you create an account you can select which country you are in then everything shows up in £££'s.

i just got an e-mail from the itunes staff welcoming me to the itunes store!

nice touch.

my first purchased track...

perry como - papa loves mambo

Congrats from across the pond. :cool:

But be careful, that one click ordering, which is so easy, can be evil...as least as far as your credit card is concerned1 :D

Just spent nearly £12 on some Adam And The Ants, Primal Scream and Bruce Hornsby And The Range tracks and a Mr. Bungle album.

:D

nice. good that they didn't have make it like 1,49 € / track or anything as bad. :)

i still use mine in ireland for 0,99 $ ;)

Yeah, I thought the extra in the UK was due to VAT (17.5%) as that seemed roughly the difference.

How much is tax in Germany/France?

Timmargh said:
79 pence per track or £7.90 for an album - very reasonable in my opinion.

£7.90 plus per album - I dont think Ive seen one for over a tenner yet tho...

BUT - they dont stock a number of albums that normally cost over £20 from HMV or wherever (for example Pink Floyd - The Wall)

lnoelstorr said:
Yeah, I thought the extra in the UK was due to VAT (17.5%) as that seemed roughly the difference.

How much is tax in Germany/France?

I think Germany is around 16% and France 19.6%. The prices in the UK are about 20% higher than France and Germany even when you consider the VAT. There must be another reason for the higher pricing. I am not sure whether the Euro prices are advertised including VAT as they are in UK. Maybe someone French or German can look to see what they actually pay on the bill after they buy. If it really is only 9.99 euros for an album, then UK is being charged 20% more than the others.

andrewhicks said:
I think Germany is around 16% and France 19.6%. The prices in the UK are about 20% higher than France and Germany even when you consider the VAT. There must be another reason for the higher pricing. I am not sure whether the Euro prices are advertised including VAT as they are in UK. Maybe someone French or German can look to see what they actually pay on the bill after they buy. If it really is only 9.99 euros for an album, then UK is being charged 20% more than the others.

the fact that everything in uk is generally more expensive. but the salaries are a lot better too. ::alien::

Back