Unable to burn DVD

Ferruccio

Registered
The disc can’t be burned because because communication between the computer and the disc drive failed (error code 0x80020022).

This is the answer I get most of the time with new DVD. Any possible solution is the system faulty ?

Thanks and ciao

I cannot see anymore dual layer and + R + RW just disappeared what happened and how to solve it. Below what I get

Thanks

MATSHITA DVD-R UJ-85J:

Firmware Revision: FCQ5
Interconnect: ATAPI
Burn Support: Yes (Apple Shipping Drive)
Cache: 0 KB
Reads DVD: Yes
CD-Write: -R, -RW
DVD-Write: -R, -RW
Write Strategies: CD-TAO, CD-SAO, DVD-DAO
Media: To show the available burn speeds, insert a disc and choose View > Refresh

It's possible that either the DVD drive is going bad, or the media you're using aren't of the highest quality.

First thing I'd try is a different brand of DVD media. If that doesn't work, it's likely the drive is going bad. Depending on which Mac you own (you didn't specify), it can be super easy or super hard to replace the drive.

It's possible that either the DVD drive is going bad, or the media you're using aren't of the highest quality.

First thing I'd try is a different brand of DVD media. If that doesn't work, it's likely the drive is going bad. Depending on which Mac you own (you didn't specify), it can be super easy or super hard to replace the drive.

Thanks reply. Will try to change brand, which are considered high quality ? I have an iMac Intel Core Duo. Can I replace the drive or I have to send to Apple Store ?

Why in System profile is not mentioned anymore Dual Layer when before was shown ?

Thanks and ciao

Back