Unable view Mime X Oleobject files

Plugin then it might have the first trojan known on a Mac and you read about at the article First Look: Trojan Horse warning: What you need to know. Luckily a free scanner/remover was made in the Mac universe called DNSChanger Removal Tool, run it then throw it away to be sure.

Now to view most any video files found on the net (Except Windows 10+ DRM'ed files. This is the sole reason most video sites went to Flash) install Filp4Mac. Plus for every other kind of video file install Perian. with these two QuickTime plugins you will be able to view almost all video files.

Lastly if these two QuickTime plugins can't play a file then the last resort is VLC. If this can't play a video file then it is 90% sure it might be a trojan.

Hi!
I tried to install flip4mac but nothing is workng. I'm kinda annoyed as when I bought the mac everyone told me that i wouldnt have any problem with plugin and all this stuff. As far i dont see anything better in using a mac instead of a pc, to be honest.

I really want to listen to this radio as I'm learning japanese and with my new expensive mac I cant while with my scrappy old pc I could.

any suggestions?

I tried to install flip4mac but nothing is workng. ...

any suggestions?
What do you mean by "tried to install flip4mac"? Installing Flip4Mac is as simple as running the installer.
  • Which version MacOS X?
  • Which version Flip4Mac?
  • What do you mean by "nothing is working"?
  • Are you using an administrative account?

Last edited:
1) i installed the last version of flip4mac (no upgrade though) cause all my money is gone, ahaha. I know how to install things, well, i'm used to pc but i'm learning

2)i have a macbook 10.5.7

and nothing is working means that the audio cant be buffered online.

I'm learning japanese and I listen to a radio online which gives lessons for free. On my pc i just click onplay and i can stream the audio. With my mac I cant do this as the player is not displayed at all.

The first message before installing flip4mac was "you dont have the plug in for mime object something" then no message but the player is not displayed at all.

also what do yuo mean by admin account?

thanks

s.

"OLE" typically means "Windows only."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Object_Linking_and_Embedding

It's not a shortcoming of the Mac nor the Mac OS X operating system -- whomever created the website created it in such a fashion or used certain media types that are only compatible with Windows and/or Internet Explorer, even though they had the opportunity to create the website and/or use media that was universally supported.

The short answer is that the website and/or the content of the website was created for Windows-users only, either due to ignorance, apathy, lack of skills, or laziness. I see no other reason that someone would use Microsoft-only media in this day and age.

Can you provide a link to the website so that we can verify that this is, in fact, the case?

Back