Unfamiliar application in Notifications Center

Paul M

Registered
Greetings Community,

While setting up notifications for CCC I noticed this unfamiliar application under it called "Digital Trends".
Screen Shot 2018-08-20 at 2.26.33 PM.jpg
I obviously downloaded something that allowed this (I suspect Google Chrome), but don't know what it is, and have never seen a notification from it. It doesn't appear in my applications folder either, and in scanning the contents of: Finder>Go+⌥ >Library, I couldn't find anything obviously related to it either.

Does anyone recognize this, and can tell me how to find and remove it please?

I'm using OS X 10.11.6

Thanks in advance.

It is a tech news web site. You may have gotten it by signing up for it through an ad. You can turn it off and ignore.

Yep, just go to Applications, locate the app, and drag it to the trash.

Or you can use LaunchPad. (the rocket ship icon on your dock). All the apps will appear in ABC order. Once you find it: click and hold it with mouse until it starts to jostle around. At this time, a white “X” icon will appear by the app. Click on the 'X', and MacOS will ask you if you want to delete the app. Confirm by selecting “Delete,” and the app will vanish.

Thank you, but as I mentioned in my initial post the application doesn't appear in the obvious locations. It seems to be hidden.:confused:

In my search, I have not found a way to remove the item from the Notifications list in System Preferences.

Hi, if you wrongfully signed in to this tech news website, you can try deleting your Digital Trends account. First, log in to your account, then go to http://www.digitaltrends.com/profile/. Click "Delete your account", located on the right side of the screen. Then, check the box and click "Delete Profile" to confirm.
I've actually never heard of them before, and it's not in my nature to just sign up for things, hence my desire to remove the uninvited app from my computer. I'll give that a try and report how it goes. Thanks!

Your responses inspired me to look into Safari, and I found it there: Safari > Preferences > Websites > Notifications. I was able to delete it from there.

Thanks again everyone for your help!

Back