Uninstall Tiger form Dual Boot Snowleopard

mpramodjain

Registered
Hi,

I had a Mac mini, with Snowleopard and Tiger OS installed. I am running out of memory , so I need to uninstall Tiger OS from the system.

Also When I start the MacMini, it defaults to Snowleopard OS, but in finder it is showing multiple devices as Tiger(Can be ejectable), and Snowloeopard,

In Tiger, It is showing the basic OS Files (Application, Developer... etc).

Basically, Tiger was installed by previous user of my mac-mini.

How can I uninstall, Tiger OS. Does it needs Boot cd mandatory or any other way it can be uninstalled .

Thanks ,
Pramod Jain.

I am wondering if this is on the same partition as 10.6 or is on a different drive than the 10.6 install that you are using.

I am wondering if this is on the same partition as 10.6 or is on a different drive than the 10.6 install that you are using.

It seems to be on a same drive. Let me make it clear..

In finder sidebar, I had Tiger , when I right click on it, it gives option of eject. As said it contains all the folder based for a OS (Developer, Library... etc)

If you have a cloned backup of your 10.6 partition it would be a snap. All you would have to do is boot from the clone, use Disk Utility to erase the internal and clone back to the new erased internal drive.

Back