unix command not working

delsoljb32

Dark Archon
tonight, while surfing, firefox stalled out. i force-quit it, then had to hard-reset. when it came back up, the files dissapeared from the desktop. i went to the terminal to try to move the files to another directory, and the ls command was not working. I'm not sure what the problem is, nor the way to fix it. any ideas?

i logged in as another user and was able to list the files in the terminal (of that user), but when i logged in as the prior account, the same thing happened again.

weird

ok, weird, at least now i can see the files on the desktop: i went to spotlight to locate the files, (found em right on the desktop) and as soon as i viewed the details of each file, they 'appeared' on the desktop. strange...:confused:

go Tiger! lol

still can't view with 'ls' in the terminal though...

more info: cannot 'create' files on the desktop (i.e. downloads, folders, etc). does this help in identifying the problem?? someone help please?!?!?!

not sure what the problem is (apparently there is an "Error: -51", which prevents me from 'writing' to the desktop file), but it doesnt affect the other users, so Im creating another admin user and just going to delete the affected one. pain the butt.

Back