Unknown icons

jwennet

Registered
Ok...this is hard for me to articulate but here it goes-

I use a PB 17 running OSX.4.3. I just started freelancing with an ad agency that all mac based. When connecting to their servers to download documents, fonts, etc. they all show up on my PB as unknown files. Either I'll get a blank document icon, or a terminal icon (looks like a computer screen with the word exec on it).

Any idea what is causing this, and more importantly, how to remedy this problem?

Thanks as always,

J

Are their servers Macintosh computers? What protocol are you using to transfer the documents? Are you transferring them to your internal (HFS+) drive, or are you copying them to some external drive that could be possibly formatted as FAT32 or something?

I believe their servers are Mac. I'm connecting through the network icon on the side bar, and transferring them to my internal drive.

I guess what's strange, now that I recall it, is that a similar thing happens with docs created on this PB, that I copy onto my G5 at home. Both computers are mirrored, or rather, when I purchase the PB, I used the transfer agennt to copy the G5 drive onto the PB (does that make sense- not sure that's even a sentence?).

Thanks,

J

Back