Unreal2k3 demo

Anyone know ho to edit the file to change controls and stuff without opening the program? I've opened the package, looked in the system, but the user.ini file seems to be a template, and I can't find the one that has MY controls and stuff. I am trying to make some weapon group aliases, but I can't find the file to do so. Any ideas?

Turncoat - maybe in "UT2003.ini" I know you can change your resolution in that file, but not sure of controls and stuff. And yes chevy you would use BBEdit.

Have a look in your Application Support folder.

I went there to customise my resolution to 1440x900 which is the native resolution of my 17" PowerBook, but the game runs totally *shite* like that :(

That's a big disadvantage with large LCDs, if you have a low end graphics card and can't stand the blurriness of non-native resolutions, then you're stuffed :(

I think I'll just continue playing at 800x600 instead... I'd rather have a little bluriness than low FPS.

At full details plus 1024x768 the game runs just fine although I tested it with novice bots... Maybe if the difficulty goes up and the count of bots too, the game maybe will perform worst...

But for now it seems AWESOME... What I liked compared to other games it is the feeling you get while walking/running... It is almost real... And to me it is the only game which it feels right when run/walk around... I cannot wait for Doom 3!!! :p :D ;) :)

The game looks fantastic at 1440x900... but it lags too much. How do I upgrade the graphic card on my iMac ???

Originally posted by chevy
The game looks fantastic at 1440x900... but it lags too much. How do I upgrade the graphic card on my iMac ???

You throw you iMac away and get a PowerMac or the next iMac model :p :D ;)

:)

WTF it doesnt work... toooo laggy..... screw this!
hahaha have you guys played harry potter 2 demo?

Thanks everyone: Editing the user.ini file in the application support for my user DID make the changes I needed. (Now all need beware of my quick-switching tactics!)

Originally posted by hulkaros
At full details plus 1024x768 the game runs just fine although I tested it with novice bots... Maybe if the difficulty goes up and the count of bots too, the game maybe will perform worst...

But for now it seems AWESOME... What I liked compared to other games it is the feeling you get while walking/running... It is almost real... And to me it is the only game which it feels right when run/walk around... I cannot wait for Doom 3!!! :p :D ;) :)

Did you check your fps? You will be very surprised that it's far behind "just fine". Or maybe you didn't ever compare to peecee. My average rate was around 40 I think (800x600 with all details on low and 16bit). And that's too low to play that game seriously.
I tell you this, since I have almost the same config...

Originally posted by Zammy-Sam
Did you check your fps? You will be very surprised that it's far behind "just fine". Or maybe you didn't ever compare to peecee. My average rate was around 40 I think (800x600 with all details on low and 16bit). And that's too low to play that game seriously.
I tell you this, since I have almost the same config...

Compared to a P4(not Celeron)/1700/Geforce2MX64MB/256RAM/SBLive/XP+SP1/DirectX9/nVidia new drivers the game in my TiBook has better graphics (effects and all) plus it runs smoother... But I know for SURE that a Wintel with maybe Geforce4MX, P4 or Athlon above 1600 and above will trash my TiBook :rolleyes:

I will check for FPS and I will report back... But I'm more of a practical character than:
- Look ma... My game runs at 300 fps!

Yeah, I can relate how >300fps are SO cool... NOT! :p :D ;)

If I can kill enemies instead of them killing me 90% of the time PLUS I make my self dizzy by just running around the FPS must be correct or I'm epileptic or something :rolleyes:

:)

UPDATE:
------------
The game runs, depending on the situation, in anything between >avg.15-23 fps which is LOOOOOOW... But it looks cool! The game has 1024x768/full details as I previously said...

Also, tested on a Dual 1GHz/Geforce4MX/1.5GB RAM on 1280x1024/full details the fps were >avg.27-34 but still the game feels to me cool!

Can ANYONE with a high end Wintel test UT2003 and post here some results because according to the following "trusty" Wintel site tests regarding UT2003 posted here:
http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,3973,1075333,00.asp
The VERY high end Wintel detailed here:
http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,3973,1075328,00.asp
Manages ONLY 26-27 fps at 1280x960!?!?

Let us know what gives... :cool:

i just downloaded it and tried it out, and now i want a faster computer... but it still played well with most of the graphics set to low and 16 bit, but for a 400 mhz g4 it plays well.

Originally posted by jimbo61
i just downloaded it and tried it out, and now i want a faster computer... but it still played well with most of the graphics set to low and 16 bit, but for a 400 mhz g4 it plays well.

I hear you, I need a new graphics card!

It seems more RAM helps out too.

I'm not even going to bother to download it. It would run like crap on 233 Mhz/Rage Orion and 400 Mhz/8 MB VRAM.

Hey, why won't everyone just post the average fps at a certain resolution and we see, what's the game most dependant on...
Let's agree to 800x600 16bit and ALL details on low or off.
Just move about 5mins in the default map without starting the game..

Ok, here my benchmarks:
max frames: 140
min frames: 25
average: 44

Settings: see post above
Hardware: Tibook 1Ghz, 768Mb Ram, 64mb Ati9000
Macosx 10.2.6

It would be much more accurate if you benchmarked your machine with one of the included demos, then everyone else could do the same and the results would actually mean something.

On the UT2k3 application icon, choose "Show package contents", go to benchmarks, and execute one of the shell scripts.

Back