Unreal2k3 demo

It sucks on my 700 iMac :\

..I get 4, maybe 7 max fps online. I swear Epic must've been paid by Apple to port this because I'm going to find myself spending all my money as of the end of this summer on a dual G4 or a PPC970 tower :\

OK, Question: Why do you guys call it UT2k3? Just type UT2003. (sorry, I just think it's silly to type a "k" instead of two zeroes)

Anyway, obviously the demo ran horribly on my G4 450 with AGP ATI Rage 128 (16 MB). I bought an ATI Radeon 8500 (64 MB) on eBay, but the seller really took his time getting it to me... :(

Well, I got the Radeon 8500 in. Popped it in in like, a minute.

But... it's not as much of an upgrade as I had hoped it'd be. Graphics are still choppy in general, and I would consider UT2003 (at least the demo) to be unplayable on my system. Well, I guess it's playable, but it would be hard to be competitive. So, I'll just have to get a G5, eh? :)

the demo for mine runs somewhat ok, nornally 15-20 fps, and everything turned low and music off, but still sluggish due to lack of proccessor, lol new G5... soon.

Just thought I'd mention that if you go into the UT2003.ini file and change 'Channels=32' to 'Channels=8' you'll get a little bump in speed with no noticeable ill effects. Apparently the 32 sound channels is more for the pcs since they have more sound card options with their hardware. This little change to the .ini file is for both the demo and the full retail version.

Back