Updating 10.1 fresh install

Chewie

Registered
I just re-installed OS X 10.1 and when I check the software update it says my software is up to date which is not of course. I had saved 10.1.x updates but whenever I try installing one it asks me to run "INSTALLER UPDATE" which I had also, so I ran it but when it asked me to chose a partition and they are all greyed. Because of that I'm blocked and can't go any further... Help would be much appreciated, I can't remember having that issue before, maybe a problem with the apple software server which cant detect my OS version !? :confused:

I had the same problem, but it was on a new computer, and I was able to use the old reciepts from my other mac... You have to install the reciepts (which are located in /Library/Reciepts) in a certain order, I think it was security update from last oct, then installer update, then another security update, then I believe software update started working again, and I just installed what it asked...

Problem is - Apple updated all their updates for more security. After a fresh install of 10.1, first download THIS . Then install the downloaded file. NOW try software updates. The first one is the big one to 10.1.5. Clue - your old downloads probably won't install, unless you've downloaded since late July. But now, you can update normally through software update. Have fun!

Thanks a lot for your help. The security update did solve the problem. I was even able to patch using "old" updates till 10.1.4, but not .5 I can do it from software update where all other updates are available now ;)

Back