Upgrading a Mac Mini

Untitled

Untitled
Well, I tried the free mac mini website and got the base 1.42Ghz Mac mini model out of it. Success, but not without cost :)

I would really like to add the dvd-r drive to it and also the airport and bluetooth module however I am nowhere near an apple store and I don't have personal access to a gsx account.

I'm more than competent with installing the hardware so my only problem is gettign the parts.

It is unopened right now (but it's hard to keep it that way) so I would be able to exchange it if I was the one who purchased it. Since I didn't however, I dont think returning it is an option.

Any suggestions?
Another reason for preferring parts as opposed to an exchange/ebay-age is I sorta need it now.

Cheers

Hmm, looks like they have the dvd burner and I can install it myself. Great! :)

Now, does anybody know where I can get my hands on the airport/bluetooth module and also where I can sell the old cd-rw drive?

I added a Pioneer DVR-K04L to my mini myself for $120 shipped via www.mwave.com Install was a breeze and it works like a champ. It's fast and supports Dual Layer if I so desire. I tihnk it took me maybe 5 minutes to install. Hardest part was all those tiny tiny screws.

From what I have read, regarding the airport/bluetooth module, supposedly it's available for around $99 USD via Apple stores. Not sure as I have not personally confirmed this.

Looks like I can trade in the old cd-rw for 25$ so the total for the trade would put me down 125$

Robn Kester - What did you end up doing with the other drive?

For now, I am keeping it just in case I need to put it back into the mini.

I figure in 6 months or so I can sell it or put it into my old laptop if needed.

Already sold the 256 ram that was in it (replaced with 1gig) to my office. But noone here really uses a laptop so dont need the extra drive.

Back